Thursday 31 July 2014

July Favourites


It's monthly favourites time yet again! First up, must apologise for the poor picture, I'm too tired from the heat to fiddle around getting the perfect picture. Anyway, July has been a very hot month so obviously that is going to affect what things I am grabbing for, so lets get going.

I haven't been wearing a whole lot of make up just recently but a good powder is an essential! I have been loving Bare Minerals Anniversary Mineral Veil Powder (£22) especially in the twist and go format. Its the only powder that keeps foundation off my glasses. When I am wearing something underneath it, I honestly feel like it keeps my foundation in place for the whole day. It's also translucent so it isn't going to look orange on. I have done a full comprehensive review previously so I won't babble anymore. 

A twist on a classic favourite, the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish in Orange Flower and Chamomile (£19.75 inc. two muslin cloths) is amazing. Its a fact that I love Cleanse & Polish and always go back to it despite using other cleansers. The scent is just so summery and gorgeous, I love putting this on my face after a long day, it feels like a real treat.

When I heard Marc Jacobs was releasing a new Daisy variant, I had to have it. Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream (£51.50) is not a let down by any means, I love it. Its as fresh as the original Daisy yet fruitier, I haven't had it all that long so I can't write about it at length so look out for an upcoming post.

Another July favourite has been Lush's Breath of Fresh Air toner (£7.50 for 250g). As the name implys it really is a breath of fresh air, this feels so cleansing its unreal. I carry this smaller bottle in my work bag as its nice to just spray on when my skin feels a little dull during the day. I find that its scent is really uplifting and I would love to try out more of the Lush toners, I think the Eau Roma water is next on my list to try to see if it lives up to its relative.

Finally, I have been loving a natural look these days, Benefits Gimme Brow in Medium Dark (£17.50) gives me just enough tint and volume that my brows don't look horrible. I'm not a fan of anything that gets on to the skin of my brows as to me, that's so fake looking I'd rather look like I have no brows. I am lucky enough to have decent brows naturally and this just tints the slightly fairer hairs and makes them look nice and even.

What have been your favourites this month?

Emma x 

0 comments:

Post a Comment