Tuesday 22 July 2014

Benefits 'They're Real Push Up Liner' Gel Eyeliner Pen


When I first heard that Benefit were going to release a gel eyeliner pen, my purse was already open as I am an eyeliner whore. Generally as a rule of thumb, Benefit can be a little hit and miss for me - but I adore the matching They're Real mascara and I just had to have it. Boy, did I have issues with this at first, the application is not as 'criminally easy' as they make this out to be - by heck, I found this so difficult to actually work with. There is nothing wrong with the applicator, its the formula I have problems with. It does glide on when you have the smallest amount otherwise its just mega blotchy and looks like you've been in a fist fight with it. Another issue with this is that it can be really streaky and patchy, if you're trying to clear up the lines it can often just leave a bare stripe across the area. The accutip is a nice twist, its really bendy so you can get to the inner corners super easy, however it can tend to drag along the lid.

This was my most recent attempt, I had to go over the streaky areas with Rimmels Scandaleyes liquid liner.

 After using this a couple of times, I still feel theres a lot left to be desired. Sometimes I even feel like product is wasted as it seems to come out of the tip without clicking the end around leaving a clump on the end of the pens tip. I usually love the pen eyeliners but I'm not so keen on this guy. I also feel like their advertising is misleading as it really is a pain in the neck to get used to this even after the four seperate occasions I have tried to use this properly.

If this looks exciting to you, you can purchase this at feelunique.

Emma x

0 comments:

Post a Comment