Monday 22 December 2014

Birchbox December '14 - Christmas/Sophia Webster Edition



Birchbox has finally arrived on my porch without no email stating dispatch, I was getting worried that I wouldn't be seeing this bejewled beauty at all. The contents of this months box is totally worth the wait and confusion as it is an absolute cracker! This month, Birchbox also colaborated with Sophia Webster - never heard of her myself but the actual box sure is pretty and festive.


The item we all got to choose this month was a colour of the Models Own Velvet Goth Nail Varnish (£5) The colour I chose was Obsidian, which is a charcoaly shade. This polish is a matte glitter - first I've owned of its kind, its a really strange concept. This looks best when three coats are applied on top of a base coat, it does say you don't need a top coat, but for me I do as I dislike the feeling of the roughness. The only thing I am really not keen on here is the horrid fake velvet lid, it makes me cringe. 


Next is the Electric Hair Electric Hydrate Shampoo (£17.50) I always am grateful to recieve shampoo samples as they come in really handy when travelling (which I will be doing over this festive period). Not hot on the smell of this but anything which promises to enthuse a little hydration into my hair deserves a try.


Thirdly we have a sample of Ilsci Organics Gel Mask - Flavonoid Extra (£39.95) I enjoy masks, this is one to be left until dry and then rinsed off. Looking inside the pot it literally looks and smells like yoghurt which is never a bad thing. I am eager to try this after finishing off the other one I have on the go. 


Another item in the box was this Trilogy Certified Organic Rosehip Oil (£16.50) I really like rosehip oil for my dry patches I get on my elbows, this is especially bad this time of year so I will be using this up rather quickly on those areas. I also love the smell of rosehip so this is top notch for me.


Possibly my favourite item here is the Eyeko Fat Eye Stick in Smoke (£8) This thing really is a fatty. This is beautifully pigmented and its super easy to use for creating that sulty smokey eye look. Its very blendable, and the shade is a lovely grey with a shimmer through it. Its great to just colour over the lid with and then blending out the edges using a brush, I really like it and have already used it a fair bit.


The last beauty item recieved is a baby Benefit High Beam (£19.50) which comes sweetly packaged in this Christmas Cracker. High Beam is a lovely, easy to use highlight which suits many skin tones. I really love how well thought out this item was and how cute is it packaged. 


The bonus item in the December box is this cute little Sophia Webster Purse which is a little loud for my tastes, but all very cute none the less. I always enjoy it when Birchbox colaboraters include something they have thought about/created as a little insight to them.

Overall, I am very impressed with this months box, way way way better than the rubbish Glossybox we were sent this month. This really blows it out of the water and shows these companies how a Christmas box is done. It has a great range of items in here too, you have some skin, hair and cosmetics so it is all good. Definately a sweet gift idea as it has some really luxe items.

You can still get your mitts on this at Birchbox for £10 plus p+p!

Emma x

0 comments:

Post a Comment