Wednesday 31 December 2014

What I got for Christmas '14

Hello everybody, I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and are in the process of starting some awesome new years celebrations. I thought now I am officially back from my little Christmas holiday I would show you guys what I got for Christmas. I was very lucky this year and I am in no way posting this to blag about what I recieved. Another disclaimer here, this isn't all I recieved but some stuff is already sitting in my shower all wet, and I've eaten some of the edible things already ;). So without furthur will do, lets get on with it.


My main two things I recieved this year are the Bose SoundLink Mini and the GHD Curve Creative Curl Wand Set. I have wanted a Bluetooth Speaker for the longest time, and have come close several times to buying this for myself. If you're into your tech you will already know how awesome this invention is, the quality of the sound that comes out of this small beast is incredible. I won't waffle on because I know this is not for everyone.

When GHD announced they were bringing out a range of different curling tongs and wands I knew I had to have one. I knew I wanted a wand as they are far quicker in my eyes than a tong. I asked my boyfriend for the Creative Curl Wand as I thought it created curls more to my style/taste and I'm not dissappointed by it at all. I will do a more indepth review at a later date when I have used it more so I can give you a full review.


Due to being somebody who outright loves all things beauty, I always get over ridden with smelly sets and body lotions. I have quite a bit to show you. 

This time of year, The Body Shop bring out one of my favourite scents from their range, the Cranberry Joy. The Cranberry Joy Tin was something I was ecstatic to recieve as it includes a body puff, a shower gel, a body butter and a body polish. I was also given a spare Cranberry Joy Shower Gel, people obviously know I really like this scent and I know its definately a popular one as they bring it back year after year.

I was also gifted a Impulse Very Pink Body Spray, which I always like to keep one for my work locker because you never know when you need to freshen up. This smells lovely, like a fresh grapefruit smell. 

One of the main presents I was given to by my parents was this bumper Liz Earle 8 Piece Botanical Beauty Essentials which was strangely bought from QVC, somewhere I'd never thought to go to get Liz Earle items! This set includes a Cleanse and Polish (100ml), Instant Boost Skin Tonic (30ml), Skin Repair Moisturiser (50ml), Eyebright (150ml), Daily Eye Repair (10ml), Intensive Nourishing Treatment Mask (50ml), Botanical Shine Shampoo (200ml), Botanical Shine Conditioner (200ml) and 2x Muslin Cloths. As you can see we have some old faithfuls in a mix of somethings I haven't tried. I think I'm most looking forward to testing out the hair care items and the nourishing mask. I am so excited and grateful for this, it was just so thoughtful and unexpected.

From the Body Shop I also got a little set called the Voyage Collection, which consists of a little Japanese Cherry Blossom eau de toilette and a matching body lotion - perfect for layering the scent. Also came in a very cute but unusual box with a string fastening. This is my favourite of the Body Shop voyage scents so I was pleased to get this in my stocking!

Speaking of stockings, the Lush bath bombs are always a sweet little stocking filler, this year I got a Butter Bear, Holly Go Lightly and a Dashing Santa. The Butter Bear is always a favourite leaving skin nice and soft when you get out the bath and smells nice and vanillary. Holly Go Lightly is a nice spicy bubble bar, so you get a few uses out of it and turns the water a pretty green colour. The only one I haven't tried is the Dashing Santa which looks very quirky and won't last long until it ends up in the tub.

A quite amusing gift this year is a baby Aussie Mega Dry Shampoo, my mum thought she was being really clever as she knew I liked the Aussie shampoos and therefore bought a dry shampoo, bless. We can't all tar all the range with the same brush so hopefully this will be better than the volumising one.

I also got some Nivea Naturals Cleansing Face Wipes, which are some of the cheapest and best cleansing wipes around. But I am aware that theres a stigma against face wipes so we shan't ramble on. ;)


Another present I was super lucky to recieve was Thierry Muglers Angel l'Eau De Parfum. This smells darn sexy, I'm not sure what it is but its quite gourmand. Usually I'm not one for the sweeter scents but this is hot hot hot. I also love the star shaped bottle it comes in. One for the collection for sure.

My other Lush present this year was their Cosy Christmas Box - this included a Hot Toddy Shower Gel, Celebrate Body Lotion, Snowcake Soap, and a Snowman Shower Jelly. I haven't used any of these items before so it'll be cool to see which of these smell great and do wonders for bathtimes or my skin. I especially love the shower gel as it looks super festive as its red with red shimmer going through it.

The last beauty item I got this year is a English Floral Garden Rose Shower Cream which smells divine. I love the scent of roses so this was a pretty fool proof gift, the tube is also really pretty and Cath Kidston-esque.


I didn't recieve much in the way of jewellery this year. I got these two Accessorize Friendship Bracelets in a blue and a brown cord, I really like them and they look great stacked up against chunkier items. I also got this little Marks and Spencer Precious Stone Bracelet which actually looks nice piled up with the other two for a boheme look. I really like these three.


These two are the only edible things I have left to show as I have munched my way through an entire Thorntons box and a Cadburys Selection, oops. This adorable Scottie Shortbread Tin won't be around much longer either as over half of the biscuits have gone as I love shortbread. There is only one miniature MerryTeaser Reindeer left in this box too, I can't help but to pig out at this time of year, its terrible.


I didn't really get many clothing items this year either, I must mention I do have a black checked Blanket Scarf from Asos but thats already been worn multiple times, it is love. Pyjama wise I got these Red Checked Marks and Spencers Pyjamas, these are your traditional style PJ but they're made of thick brushed cotton so they will be saved for my trip to Sweden in the beginning of February. I also recieved these Stripy Iris and Edie Cotton Pyjamas, these are quite thin so they may not make an appearance to the hotter months but they are nice all the same. The big mass of wool in between is the Marks and Spencers Thick Fleece Socks, these were a godsend as where I stayed it was freezing so these guys have been worn to death already, they also have slipper grips on the bottoms but they are so dreamily thick its unreal. 

So that just about rounds up what I got for this years Christmas, I hope you all were as spoiled as I was.

Emma x

0 comments:

Post a Comment