Tuesday 23 December 2014

Empties Autumn '14

Its that time again where my box of empty items needs to be popped in the recycling bin, especially before Christmas due to the overload of smelly goods I recieve.


Hair Care:
  • Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor - I really like this, its one of my favourites from the Aussie range, its the only 3 minute miracle I have tried strangely enough. I love the conditioned feeling it gives my hair, seriously defrizzes and adds moisture to my ends, its a winner. 
  • Garnier Ultimate Blends Shampoo and Conditioner - This was a serious let down, I recieved a sachet sample of these two and I loved the results. It left my naturally frizzy and dry hair smooth and silky. However, it was not the case with the actual full size, I think I may have had a bad batch because this did nothing for me. I doubt I'll repurchase this one.
  • L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray - I go through these all the time despite not really using hairspray all that much. Its definately a good standard hairspray for the price, nice and basic.
  • Aussie Aussome Volume Dry Shampoo - Quite surprised I made it through this small can as this is dredful. Literally creates a film on your hair giving you none of the uplift you get from other dry shampoos. I won't be rushing out to get my hands on this again.
  • Tresemme Dry Shampoo - On the other side of dry shampoos, you have one of the best. I love the smell of this and it leaves hair fresh without the powdery feel to it. Very good, almost better than Batiste. 

Skin Care:
  • Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Orange Flower + Chamomile Hot Cloth Cleanser - I don't need to ramble on about this, you all know I am a huge lover of this guy. The only difference here is the scent, this was a special summertime smell and I'm on the fence as to whether it was better than the original. 
  • Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic - I like this toner but it isn't the best I have tried, I bought it on offer alongside the cleanse and polish and the moisturiser. I'm not sure I'd buy it again unless it was on offer with the other two as its not as goodor as effective as the Lush toners.
  • Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser - This I really did like, it didn't break me out in any way and provided a lot of nourishment for my skin. It also doesn't really have much of a fragrance which I also liked.
  • Clean + Clear Dual Action Moisturiser - I actually enjoy using this much more as a mask, I find it to be more effective that way. I like the tingly feel this gives out and I actually think I can feel it working, its moisturising but tackles those horrible zits and the same time. Always have a back up in my stock drawer.
  • Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub - I really like using these lip scrubs, they're very good at buffing off the dead skin on your lips. They also smell amazing, but careful when leaving these in a bag as they can often spill out the tub. I had to chuck this one as it has started to go funky but it has lasted me just over a year and I did not get to the bottom!
Body Care
  • Dr Bronners Magic Soaps Pure Castile Soap - I really don't like soaps that feel like they're drying out your skin, this feels exactly like that so I used it for brush cleaner. As a brush cleaner it is really good but hate that drying feel on my hands. :(
  • Ted Baker Body Lotion - I won't lie, this did nothing for my skin in terms of nourishment. However it did smell very nice and the packaging is very pretty. 
  • Body Shop Love Etc Body Butter - I think this smells quite powdery and grannyish - definately not my favourite scent of theirs. As always the butter is highly moisturising and doens't leave any nasty residue on the skin.
  • Mandara Spa Skintopia Body Lotion - This was ok, just standard body lotion. Took some time to settle in but did smell really nice.


Make Up
  • Maybelline Baby Lips in Hydrate - I thought I'd never see the day when I'd finish a lip balm without losing it. This one is my favourite of the range as it smells like orange ice lolly, its amazing. Will definately be repurchasing this one over the rest of the Baby Lips.
  • Revlon Lash Potion Mascara - I really didn't like this, and I'm not difficult to please on the mascara front. It was really clumpy and messy, just not very nice at all.
That is everything I've used in the season of Autumn, now its officially over. Some hits and some misses but nice to clear everything out before the massive winter hoarde of presents and sale buys creep in to my room.

Emma x

0 comments:

Post a Comment