Saturday 29 November 2014

November '14 Favourites


Its favourites time again! This time its November, and in a couple of days time, it will be December, which means it is almost Christmas! Anyway lets talk about what I liked and loved this month...

First up, its something I recently rambled on another post about - The Body Shops scrub gelee in Blueberry (£13 - discontinued). I have been using this as I'm currently prone to dry skin on my arms and its worked an absolute treat. I won't ramble on too much about this one because I dedicated a whole post to it so go back and have a look if you are more interested.

Lush's Let The Good Times Roll Cleanser (£6.75) has come out to play once more, I know you can by this all year round but for me its truly a Christmas time treat. I feel like this is more of a scrubby exfoliating cleanser, and it smells like toffee popcorn. It leaves my skin looking clear, feeling cleansed and removes make up nicely. The only downside is that you cannot use it around the eyes as it stings so bad, which is not good for lazy people like me who want to remove their make up with one fell swoop, but nevermind!


Next up is Emite Make Up's Micronized eyeshadow in Dams, which is impossible to find on the interwebs. I recieved this in a Glossybox this time last year and hadn't actually touched it until a few weeks ago, and I'm using it as an eyeliner. It is love, its super blendable and highly pigmented, its a dream to apply but am using it sparingly due to its impossibility to be repurchased. If you can find it and like using shadows for lining the eyes I highly recommend it.

Speaking of eye make up, another is Clarins Crayon Khol Longwear Eyeliner (£14.95), this is very long wearing and has impact on the waterline. You could apply it in the morning and it would still be there ten hours on, I like how you also get a brush on the end to blend it to create a smoky eye. However I personally don't find it to be hugely blendable, but this seems to differ from person to person.

Lastly we have OPI's A Grape Affair (£11.95) - I love this sort of vampy purple at this time of year, I find it is season appropriate (to me anyway). As always the OPI formula is always top dollar, this creme is opaque and if you were pro at nail painting you could probably do it in one coat. They are my favourite brand of high end nail lacquers.

What have you guys been loving this month? 

Emma x

0 comments:

Post a Comment