Wednesday 26 November 2014

Glossybox November '14


So the November Glossybox has landed! Bit of a strange mixture of products this month but a pretty even score of hair care/skin care and some cosmetic items. However, I don't feel like these products aren't particularly season appropriate.


The biggest item included within the box this month is the OGX Argan Oil of Morocco Shampoo (£3 for 385 ml). I have tried some of this line previously but nothing has ever blown me away. I never realised how cheap this shampoo range is, it definately is competitive with some of the other 'oil' based shampoos I've used in the past.


This tiny sample is H20+ Face Oasis Hydrating Treatment (£27.50 for 50ml). I like the idea of this as its a deep hydrating gel that you can use as a mask and also refridgerate it for maximum refreshing effect. However at the price point its selling at, for the size you get, I don't feel like its worth the money. Plus I don't feel like I will know that I like it from how diddy this guy is.


Next up is MONU Skincare Refining Capri Oil (£26 for 100ml) which is also on the higher price point. I have tried a couple of products from MONU before, I especially enjoyed the primer I had from these chaps. I am excited to try this as an overnight treatment instead of an industrial moisturiser as suggested on the product card.


Probably my favourite item in the box is a full size Burts Bees Lip Shine in Smooch (£6.99). Its a lovely sheer wash of berry toned goodness on my lips. It definately feels like its doing something when applied and its not overly sticky. I love the colour of this, its definately very me.


The last item recieved is this Lollipops Eye Pencil (14 euros). This is just a general purpose black eyeliner so it will get used and come in handy. However I'd like to put a note out on how hideous I find this packaging, I think it just looks tacky. The pencil itself seems like it has lasting power but only when it fades to something a little more charcoal like colour wise.

As you can see, an odd mix of things that just feels thrown together than carefully thought out this month. Lets just hold out all hope for the December boxes (I'm pretty darn excited myself) and the packaging for the Glossybox is looking swish.

You can pick one of the boxes up at Glossybox for £10 plus p+p.

Emma x

0 comments:

Post a Comment