Sunday 29 June 2014

June Favourites


The end of the month is upon us, already! This month has gone by pretty fast and now we are mid way through the year (six months to Christmaaaas, just saying). I haven't really had an awful lot of products to try out this month, besides last week but I don't really think after a week I can consider something to take a place on one of these posts. Anyway, lets crack on!

First up we have Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo (£4.69). This is my go to shampoo, not quite a holy grail item, but close. I love the Aussie range anyway, this just so happens to be my favourite, its probably due to the scent of this as it is bubblegumtastic, its amazing. I came back to my love after using three to four different shampoos (L'Oreal Elvive, Herbal Essences, etc) over the course of the last few months and I totally forgot how much I adore this. It leaves my head feeling really clean and fresh, doesn't irritate my overly sensitive scalp and softens my hair better than other brands I've used.

Next we have HD Brows Blusher in Cosmo (£17). This is something I obtained through a Glossybox, believe it or not - they were good at one point! Now I'm not overly keen when it comes down to blusher as I just think I look silly as I'm so pale, however I really like this as its not cakey, it goes on lightly save me looking like a clown. Its a nice warmer shade of pink than some, and I know this is a little bit high end but for the dough you are paying, the quality really pays off.

The TRESemme Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo (£5.25 for a big can) is also something I am loving in June. This doesn't leave that nasty powdery texture to your roots like some other brands do, and the scent of this is awesome. I don't actually like the Tresemme shampoos and conditioners as they really make my scalp itchy and tight, but this is a whole other book. I definitely prefer it to my Batiste, however as its a couple of pounds more, I can definately see myself going back to the cheaper brands when you can get a biiiig can of Batiste (which will last me a couple of months) for two pounds or so less.

I have also been loving the Yves Rocher Sheer Botanical Lipstick (£9.90) in Marron Glace. Those who follow this blog will know I got this in my latest Birchbox, and I just really freaking love it so much. The colour, as much as I like it, isn't really season appropriate, but the formula of this is amazeballs. It feels almost like the Revlon Lipbutters as its super hydrating and smooth, yet it has the opacity and staying power of a lipstick. I really like this and advise you buy one before the price hikes up to £18. Not to mention the super hot packaging.

And last but not least, we have The Body Shop Peppermint Cooling Foot Spray (£6). I got this last Monday as a freebie as I'm a loyalty card holder, and oh my gosh, its a life saver. At work, I am on my feet for something like 8-9 hours and in closed in shoes, my feet swell and sweat like monsters in these summer months. This has become something I spray on my feet as soon as I get in, its just lovely and reviving. It also smells great, so minty and fresh, the cooling sensation on this is really nice and I feel like I have a new pair of feet after using this.

So that is this months favourites, all wrapped up. What have you guys been loving this June?

Emma x

0 comments:

Post a Comment