Wednesday 18 June 2014

Glossybox June '14


This months Glossybox installment is a huge improvement on last months shoddy junk. There was a decent range of items and I feel like they may be getting back on track.


This Teeez Trend Cosmetics Beautiful Flat Stiff Brush (19 euros) was my favourite product in this box. I love Teeez's packaging - its really fun yet edgy and I've already used this to apply my eyeshadow this morning and its lushiously soft. I don't think you can ever have too many eye shadow brushes and I am always happy to recieve brushes in my subscription boxes.


Secondly, I got this got2b (Schwarzkopf) Rise 'n' Shine Souffle (£4.07) which funnily enough I bought this when it launched back in late March. Anything that promises me a little volume instantly wins my pennies as I love big hair. This will be a nice back up as I do like this but it is not my favourite 'volume booster' I've used over the years.


Next up I got a little sample of Roger & Gallet's 'Fleur de Figuier' discovery ritual which has confusing price labels on my info card. This smells really nice but its in some ridiculously pointless sachets I'll get like one use out of... not sure how you can discover something with such tiny samples.


Here we have a 'So Susan' Concealer Quad (£20) which I'm not too excited about. The packaging first up looks nice but feels incredibly naff. The quality of the products inside are nice but I'm not sold on this being my kinda thing, I think I'd of rather recieved the blush they were promoting.


Last but not least we have a nailgirls '3-in-1 base/topcoat/nail strengthener which is just 5mls short of being full size (£13.50). Its bizarre I recieved this as it was just only the other day I was looking at the Sally Hansen base/topcoat but I must've had an incling or something as I didn't buy. The packet of this is pretty shoddy looking but it seems nice I haven't had the longevity to try its capabilities out yet but first impressions are telling me its a good one.

So overall, I feel like the folks at Glossybox have stepped up their game this month as I'm not completely undewhelmed, however Birchbox is still holding the crown as the best box at the moment.

Buy yours here for £10 plus P+P 

Emma x


0 comments:

Post a Comment