Wednesday 7 January 2015

Burts Bees Lip Shine in Smooch


Burts Bees are infamous for creating some of the most powerful moisturisers, their hand salve is a loved favourite here as well as their lip balms. However, until this was sent to me in a beauty box, I had never tried any of the more 'make-uppy' items from the range. 

The colour is beautiful, definately something I would wear. Its a nice plummy berry tone but this unfortunately doesn't transfer as nicely on to the lips. This gives a very sheer tone of this when applied, which is nice nonetheless but not as fantastic. The texture of this is like jam, its thick and has a sticky feel to it - this is to be expected, afterall it is a gloss. I'm not overly keen on the sticky texture, and its also quite thick so I do feel like I'm over smothering my lips in product. At the price point of £6.99, it is reasonable but that money could be spent on other lip products that are better and at the same cost - some of the ELF glosses I've tried are half the price and feel a lot less gloopy and thick.

Moisture wise, I don't feel like this lives up to the expectation I have of the brand. They have fell just short of their high quality line, and I'm not sure I will be trying out anything else from their more cosmetic side.

You can pick these up at lookfantastic for £6.99.

Emma x

0 comments:

Post a Comment