Friday 2 January 2015

Liz Earle Botanical Shine Shampoo and Conditioner


As a lover of Liz Earle skin care, I've always been curious to try out her other ranges in make-up and hair care. This Christmas my curious wishes became true as I was gifted a lot of Liz Earle items, I have quite the collection at the moment. 

The Botanical Shine Shampoo and Conditioner is an award winning duo and claims to provide shiny locks. I have now been trialing these guys for just over a week, washing my hair about four times with them both. The shampoo really leaves your hair and scalp feeling really clean and the scent is beautifully herbal. The shampoo is sulfate free so its quite surprising how soft it leaves your hair feeling. When you apply this to your wet hair it gives you that classic soapy dry feel which personally leaves my hair feeling quite dry, this is not one of those cases. This did on its own, leave my hair feeling really soft and there was a noticable shine that my hair usually lacks.

The conditioner however is the star of the show here, you use it just like every other conditioner after shampooing. The formula of this is so thick and creamy, with a similar scent to the shampoo. I found that this made my hair almost as soft as a treatment shot, hydrated and perfectly tangle free. It also washes out really easily compared to some that like to get stuck at the roots. This is also a colour safe option if that is something that concerns you.

The only issue I have with these, is the pricing. Obviously I was bought the pair as a gift and at almost £9 a go for a standard 200ml it makes you wonder if its worth the pennies. I'm on the fence here, I would definately buy these myself but I think I'd buy them more as a treat option when compared to others you can get in the chemists and supermarkets.

Both of these products can be bought direct at Liz Earle both £8.75 for 200ml.

0 comments:

Post a Comment