Wednesday 21 January 2015

Glossybox Jan'15 - Fresh Start Must-haves


All in all, January is a bit of an 'iffy' time for these beauty subscription boxes. This months Glossybox is no exception to the rule, spoiler alert - its pretty meh. In fact this will be my last Glossybox for now as I've been pretty dissappointed in the last few. Anyway. let us begin.


The largest item in this month is this Kueshi Natural & Pleasant Cosmetics Revitalising Toner (10.70E for 200ml). Never heard of this brand and the bright harsh pink just puts me off. Appearances can often be decieving so I will give it a whirl, I just think it looks a little cheap but good full size item.


Up next we have a Jelly Pong Pong All Over Glow (£10 for 15g). I have recieved countless samples from JPP from Glossybox and this highlighter is something I really wont use. I'm not much of a highlight fan and this seems way too shimmery for me. On the upside, the packaging is really cute, I love the bicycle, shame about the product.


My favourite item this month, MeMeMe Eye Line Pencil in Clay (£4) is awesome. Eyeliner is pretty much a cemented staple in my everyday look so it is always welcome in boxes. I like that its not your usual black eyeliner too, its an unusual ashy brown which you could potentially use as a brow pencil. I really like it on first impressions.


Fourthly, we have Nicka K New York Colorluxe Powder Blush (8.95e for 5g). This is innovative with its powder puff applicator but I'm on the fence with the colour, its very pink for someone like me. I also am not hot for the packaging it feels very cheap and nasty but I will always give something a try, it might impress me for all I know.


Lastly we have a Naked Lips Organic Lip Balm in Superfruits (5e). I can never have too many lip balms as they come in and out of my life due to loss all the time. Especially this time of year due to the cold weather my skin and in particularly my lips break out in dry patches - nasty. This also smells really nice and fruity, and feels nourishing on the lips.

So there you have all five items of this months Glossybox. I really do appreciate that they every item collected here is full size, but in my thoughts - I buy these boxes for a little extra luxury, I don't mind small samples or perfumes as I get to test out things I wouldn't perhaps make the jump for. Unfortunately this is the end of the road for me and Glossybox for now, the last three boxes have been total duds for me, I honestly feel like my moneys better spent elsewhere, these boxes are only £2 cheaper than a MAC lipstick that will last me for years.

Rant over! If you actually like the look of this box, you can still get it at Glossybox.

Emma x

0 comments:

Post a Comment