Thursday 15 January 2015

Birchbox Jan '15 - Hit Refresh/Womens Health


So here we are with the first beauty box of the year 2015! Birchbox sent theirs out first without a dispatch email so this was totally unexpected and a nice surprise. This months theme is 'hitting refresh' and starting over, they've partnered up with Womens Health to further promote this. So lets crack on and see what you recieve this January.


First item in the box is a ActivBod Feel Great Shower Concentrate (£5) this is supposed to be a refreshing 'post workout' shower gel which fits in perfectly with the theme here. Unfortunately I'm not the most active gym bunny out there so this will be making its way to my stock drawer ready for travel.


Next up we have a HealGel Body (£39.50) which includes anti inflammatory ingredients to sooth and regenerate the skin. This is a bit off an odd item for me, I don't really get it. Is it supposed to be an actual regeneration thing or is it more aromatherapy sided? We shall see - tiny sample mind.


Thirdly we have something I have previously tried - Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle (£14) I liked this stuff a lot last time I tried it. It works very well on my ever knotty locks, a little better than my old faithful Aussie leave in conditioners but not for that price tag.


The REN Glycolatic Radiance Renewal Mask (£30) was a nice surprise this month. I like getting masks in boxes as I'd never pay more than £15 for a mask so its a wau of trying out more expensive masks for a little price tag. I've heard constantly good things about Ren so I am excited to give this a whirl.


Possibly the thing I am most excited for in this box is the Stila Lip Glaze (£15). I like Stila as a brand, I have some of their cosmetics and really enjoy using them. I don't think this will dissappoint and it is also a very me berry toned colour.


We also have a nutritional item this month in the form of Embrace Matcha Green Tea (£24.99). This is a waste of money as I loathe green tea and it loathes me and makes me quite ill. This will be heading straight in the bin, even if it is THAT expensive.


The last thing in this months box is a lifestyle extra - Birchbox Pilates Band. Its a nice idea and ties in with the theme very well, but I have never done Pilates in my life. I get what they were trying to do here but sorry guys I'm not fussed, thanks.

Thats all the items you recieved in this months Birchbox, a good eclectic mix of products and they all tie in to the 'Womens Health' theme really well. Especially looking forward to using the Ren mask and wearing the Stila Lip Glaze.

If you like what you see, you can pop over to Birchbox and get yourself one for £10 plus p+p!

Emma x

0 comments:

Post a Comment