Saturday 13 September 2014

Empties - Summer '14 Seasonal Edition.


So I thought I'd finally get round to do an empties post and had an idea of making it a seasonal thing as my most reached for products always seem to be changing, Here are the items I have used up this month!


Deodorants:
  • Garnier Mineral UltraDry 48hr Protection Deodorant (£2.19) - This is my over all round favourite deodorant, it really keeps me fresh and the smell isn't powdery like other drugstore brands. I already have another in my stock cupboard waiting to come out.
  • Right Guard Total Defence 5 Unscented Deodorant (£2.99) - I don't get on with this deodorant, it just doesn't last and can quite often leave me smelly (gross). I won't be repurchasing this anytime soon.
  • Vaseline Aloe Sensitive Deodorant (£2.80) - This is another firm favourite, I really like the smell of this. I cannot for the life of me, however, find the non-compressed version anymore (not that I am complaining) anywhere. It does also feel like it has a soothing effect on my underarms, a little like Sanex.

        
Body Moisturisers + Washes:
  • The Body Shop Olive Body Butter (£13) - A fan favourite here, what empties collection would ever be complete without a Body Shop body butter. Here is one of my top scents they produce. I don't have another olive scent in my collection but I do have two or three stashed in the stock cupboard!
  • Vaseline Spray & Go Aloe Body Moisturiser (£4.99) - I really like this innovative product, it is intensely moisturising yet doesn't leave that greasy layer on your skin as it absorbs quickly. My mum also really likes these and she suffers from bad eczema on her body.
Honourable Mention - Calacas Shower Jelly by Lush; As much as this is a 'Halloween' line, the scent is awesome for the summer. The lime pastille fragrance is fantastic and uplifting. I did have it to picture (see the main) but my camera has some how lost it. Try the Lush shower jellies, you won't be dissappointed!


Hair Care:
  • Batiste Tropical Dry Shampoo (£2.99) - Batiste has become an everyday staple item for me, I have about three more different kinds of this in my drawer. Yet to come across a dry shampoo that can outrun these guys!
  • Aussie 3 Minute Miracle - The Reconstructor (£4.99) - I love Aussies range of hair care, its impressive across the board (despite the shoddy dry shampoo release). This is one of the best items, it nourishes your hair and makes it smooth and really soft.
  • Aussie Miracle Recharge Luscious Long Leave in Conditioner (£4.69) - Another Aussie item, their leave in conditioner is something I would struggle living without. Its fab for detangling hair, smells gorgeous and makes hair even softer. I like how you can use them on wet or dry hair now due to the newer formula, great for taking on those holidays to use after going for a swim. Definately would be something to repurchase.
  • Garnier Ultimate Blends The Silky Smoother Shampoo & Conditioner (Both £3.89) -I really like this pair, they smell really nice. Now I have used both whole bottles I can't say it made a huge difference to my ends but hey I just bleached them so that may be partly to blame. Have bought the de-frizzing ones of this range but yet to use them.
Honourable Mention - Aussie Miracle Moist Shampoo; my holy grail of shampoos, lost the bottle but can assure you guys that its amazing, and my most favourite ever!


Skin Care:

  • Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (Travel Size, Part of a Set) - My all time favourite cleanser, refreshes and makes your skin feel revitalised. Its also so good at removing stubborn eye make up. Currently working my way through a bigger tube of this and loving it.
  • Clean + Clear Dual Action Oil Free Moisturiser (£2.98) - This is really effective for the monetary value, you can really slap this stuff on and it tingles and moisturises. I really feel like this works, especially if you dot it on to a blemish, really clears it up. Will probably repurchase this in the future.
  • Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator (Birchbox Sample, full size £26) - I really liked this, its really quite scrubby and good at exfoliating. However seeing that a full size is at the costly sum of £26, I don't see me buying it. I don't feel like it made enough difference to my skin for that amount of money.

Make Up:
  • Eylure Naturalites Pre-Glued False Eyelashes (Discontinued) - I'll admit I wasn't hot for these, they were just the worst to actually apply as they'd get twisted and stuck to itself. Definately won't be buying these any time soon.
  • L'Oreal Paris Miss Manga Mascara in Black (£8.99) - I loved this mascara, it was really cool as it gave you the doll eyed look. Really fans out the lashes and I actually liked the gimmicky flexy wand brush thing. Had no clumping issues, possible repurchase but due to the quantity of mascaras I own I don't think I'll be in a rush. Shame it has finally dried out.
  • Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation in Vanille Clair (£10.99) - My favourite low end foundation, best ever - enough said.
  • Rimmel Scandaleyes Precision Micro Eyeliner (£5.49) - This has finally dried up, I have had this since Christmas and used it a lot, to the extent I started to think it may be everlasting. Really nice for the price point, tip can drag and bend if not used carefully. Might repurchase this, but there are nicer liquid eyeliner pens out there.
  • Rimmel Hide The Blemish Concealer in Ivory (£3.99) - Hide the Blemish is an awesome everyday concealer, really good at covering ugly marks. Not masively illuminating if thats what you're after in a concealer yet very good for the low cost. Definately something I will be buying again.
  • Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara (£6.99) - I received this in a Glossybox, wasn't impressed by this due to Rimmel mascaras not being the greatest. This didn't change my perspective, massively clumping and just general nastiness. Can also be quite flaky.

So that is all I have used up this Summer, not a lot really but quite a few make up items to get rid off. What have you used up recently?

Emma x




0 comments:

Post a Comment