Wednesday 24 September 2014

Glossybox September edition - LFW '14


I apologise for the lateness of this post as I have had it for a week now, and only chose to write about it now... Anyway, Glossybox have spiced things up a little this September and gone all fashion week on us!


The best items this month in my opinion are these cutesy little Vichy Normaderm (Full Sizes Night £15.50 and Day £12). I'll confess, I am a huge Vichy fan especially of their idealia life serum (<3!) I just really can see and feel a difference in my skin using that. I haven't actually tried the Normaderm range, but I am excited to give it a whirl,


Secondly we have L'Oreal Professionnel Mythic Masque (£15.50 for 200ml). I can't deny I enjoy a good hair mask at the moment when I have wrecked my ends. However I do not like anything where I have to towel dry my hair and rinse again! It could be another Elasticizer like issue for me but I will certainly try it at some point.


This month we were also given foil packets (!?!?!) of SkinPep Acid Peel/Peeling Gel (£89.99 for 180ml) which is dissappointing and way out there expensive. I personally don't like the idea of a skin acid peel, so this will most likely end up at the very back of my samples drawer.


Another item I am grateful to see in the box this month is a full size Nails Inc Westminster Bridge Matte Top Coat (£12) - in theory this pays for the box. I am always happy to see high end nail varnish in my subscription boxes, this is a cool twist on the usually glossy top coat.


Finally we have a ModelCo More Brows Fibre Gel (£9). This appears to be a dupe for my beloved Gimme Brow by Benefit, at almost half the price it will be interesting to see if lives up to the Benefit equivalent.

So a bit of a mixed box here, to me it is pretty middle of the road as Glossybox is concerned. I still am on the fence to which monthly box I prefer but Birchbox knocked it out of the park this September.

If you would like to give this Glossybox a chance - you can find yours here.

Emma x

0 comments:

Post a Comment