Friday 13 June 2014

Birchbox June '14 - Global Strikers Edition




June's Birchbox is a babe. I'll tell you why, its awesome, not quite as good as the previous Harpers Bazaar edit but it was always going to be a hard act to follow. I think they've done a pretty good job.


First up and out of the box is this Silk + Honey Shea Butter hair mask (comes part of a set at £55) this looks cool, I'm always up for trying new stuff when it comes to hair care and the lemony fresh scent of this is gorgeous.


Next up is this pretty O.P.I. nail lacquer which is part of the Brazil collection (£14.50 for a mini set of four or £11.50 for a full size shade) I have no idea what the shade of this is called as its a bubby one with no name printed, the number on the bottom is 3288. This is already on my toes, its a lovely pale purple with a shimmer going through it, and O.P.I. won their place in my heart ages ago with their shade 'Cajun Shrimp' which I love. 


Thirdly, this Naobay Body Radiance Lotion (£14) pops out the bag. This has already been 'swatched' and this smells lovely and citrussy - a little in your face. It also melts into the skin quickly which is a huge factor for me when using body lotions.


Here we have a little sample of Embryolisse's Lait Creme Concentre (from £12.99) its basically a moisturiser which has double the use of a hydrating mask when layered up. The consistency of this seems good and I'm always looking for facial moisturisers as my skin can often get quite dry.


The last beauty item in this months box is a Yves Rocher Sheer Botanical Lipstick (Introductory price at £9.90) I recieved the shade Marron Glace. Being a lipstick junkie, I automatically pulled this out and started applying it onto my lips, the consistency of this is lushiously smooth and it smells nice too. Its really creamy and the application just feels so soft. The colour in the tube looks a little dark but as its so sheer it gives off a lovely berry toned hue. Also, the packaging is sleek and awesome! I am already in love.


Last but not least, we have a cute little 'lifestyle' extra in the form of this sweet Brazilian inspired flip flop keyring. I love birchbox's little extras as they're always so well thought out. This is already on my key ring. 

So as you can see, Junes Birchbox was quite a hit. Seeing as it included some O.P.I and a lipstick I would've been happy regardless what the other products were. Some people got beauty blenders and I'm a little jealous but not many have recieved the awesome lipstick. You win some, you lose some.

Buy yours at Birchbox (£10 + P&P)

Emma x 

0 comments:

Post a Comment