Wednesday 10 December 2014

Glossybox December '14


Its been three weeks since I last recieved a Glossybox, and this seems a little rushed. I have ridiculously high hopes for these subscription boxes this time of a year due to it almost being Christmas! As you can see here, the classic box has had a bit of a make over and it looks festive. And usually the December boxes are  usually cool but this just doesn't cut the mustard this time for me.


First up, is a Bellapierre Cheek and Lip Stain (£12.99). This is the item we all knew we were going to recieve this month due to a spoiler card in the previous box. I wasn't excited then and I'm not excited now, this is quite pink for me personally. Pigmentation wise it is good, but I don't like the texture, its that of a waxy lip balm and putting anything creme like on my cheeks is a big no no from me.


Second item is the Anatomicals Zap! Zap! Zap! Gets That Chap Day & Night Spot Stick (£3.79) As far as the comical name goes on I am sold, I like the pepperminty herbal smell this has to it and anything that claims to get rid of spots is a winner to me. I'm excited to try this.


Probably my most favourite item in this box is the Tresemme Hair and Scalp 60 Second Treatment Shots (£5.50 for a pack of 4). I like my deep treatment items whether it be a shot or a mask and Tresemme is a brand that does have good items in the range. I also like how your getting four here so you get multiple uses out of one luxury product.


The most dissappointing product in this box for me is this Essence Colour and Go Nail Polish (£2.99). This is because I don't care how good this or that brand is, I get these boxes for the luxury goods and Essence is definately not luxury. In past Glossyboxes, we've recieved Essies and Ciates, and seeing as this is a Christmas box, wheres the exciting high end brands! Nowhere. I don't even like how this applys - adding insult to injury.


The last item is this SkinPep Collagen Hydro Gel Face Mask (£19.99 for 5) which I'm not fussed about. I've never heard of the brand and it just feels a bit 'thrown in'. Its also anti-wrinkle and I'm a wee bit young to start thinking about wrinkles.

So you can see, this box was totally subpar. For something that is supposed to be a Christmassy box, it is miles away. Last years festive Glossybox was so good, we had maybelline products and a random razor, other great minis. If this was in an ordinary pink box, you would be nonethewiser that its supposed to be festive themed. It just seems lazy and I'm not sure whether I will be continuing my membership in the new year.

If you would like to get your hand on this box, you can order it from Glossybox for £10 plus P+P.

Emma x

0 comments:

Post a Comment