Wednesday 5 November 2014

October '14 Favourites


October has been a ridiculously hectic month, its been a really hard month despite having a holiday slap bang in the middle but hey what is life without its twists and turns. I apologise for the lack of posts and also the silly shadow cast on the picture above. Anyway, let us crack on and share what I have been enjoying with you folks recently.

Firstly we have the Makeup Revolution Salvation Palette 'Dia De Los Muertos' (£6). I have been itching to get my hands on at least one Makeup Revolution eyeshadow palette so when I finally found them in a Superdrug I ended up buying a selection of six, this is my current favourite and it seems apt as it is a day of the dead theme. I won't get much use out of that wacky greeny yellow colour but it includes some stunning shades; standouts are -'Affirmation' and 'Celebrate Life'. These shadows are really as good as people say so I suggest stocking up when you find these guys. They are super blendable and highly pigmented for £6.

Next we have Aussie Miracle Recharge Leave in Conditioner spray (£4.49). This for me is an essential holiday item, especially when swimming. Its a great detangling spray and leaves hair super soft, I'm sure I have mentioned it before so I won't ramble on about this one.

On the whole, I'm not a massive blusher maniac but Benefits Dallas (£23.50) has really been a hot fave this month. This lifts my complexion as its just in between a blush and a bronzer, this makes my skin glow. It gives you that just come in from the cold look which really suits a lot of skin tones but be warned it has a wee bit of shimmer included in there.

Due to stress, my skin has been having a dry spell, Nuxe Creme Fraiche de Beaute Rehydrating mask (£19.50) has really been a weekly treat. This leaves my skin feeling fresh, cleansed and moisturised, it isn't massively greasy either. I also like how it sinks into the skin quickly so theres no need to spend forever trying to get every last bit off of your face. I highly recommend this if you too are going through a bad skin period.

Lastly we have Clarins Instant Light Brush on Perfector (£22). Now I realise how similar this looks to the YSL touche eclat, but I have never tried it so unfortunately I can't compare but this is a really good concealer. It hides my dark lines and marks around my face pretty well with a small amount of product. It is my new staple for concealer.

A fairly mixed bag this time around, my make up usage has been really minimal the last two weeks so I am relying on multitasking products to keep me looking myself still.

What have you guys been loving this month? 

Emma x

0 comments:

Post a Comment