Friday 21 November 2014

Birchbox November '14 - 'Cosy at Home'


I am really enjoying using the contents of this months Birchbox. The theme for November is 'Cosy at home' and I'm totally getting that from the range of products sent out this month.


One of my favourite items from this months selection is the Dr Jart + Pore Refine Tight Effect Toner £18 (which more than pays for the box itself!!). This guy smells like a mixed berry squash, its lovely. I still don't think it adds up to A Breath of Fresh Air from Lush, its just not as wow, refreshing and in your face. This is a much toned down version (excuse the pun there!) but it still leaves my skin feeling fresh as a daisy.


My other favourite this month is this OPI Nail Lacquer in A Grape Affair (£11.95). OPI make my favourite varnishes and I didn't have one in a vampy purple shade until now. This purple is so dark it almost looks black in some lights and is pretty opaque on the first coat. I did paint my nails as soon as I got this as I was that excited, its lovely and as always the quality of the polish is top dollar.


The third thing in this months box is Lord and Berry Bronzer in Sienna £19. This baby sample has yet to be used but the texture upon swatching seems nice and pigmented, a nice shade to warm up your face during these colder months.


Next up we have Beauty Protector Protect & Treat Mask (£16). I have used this all up, one of these tiny pots just covers the length of my hair. I can say I was quite impressed, this left my hair feeling really soft but I don't feel like it did anything long term. This also smells really nice and that scent ends up lingering on the hair. I'm not totally sold on this mask yet, especially at that price point.


This baby sample is Jane Iredale Pure Lash Extender + Conditioner (£15). I have yet to put this baby boy through the tests yet but anything to make my lashes looking lovely and on top form is a winner in my books. Its a shame the sample seems so weeny, but perhaps I'm just being negative in the sense that you may only need the smallest amount, we shall see! ;)


Lastly we have a mini Montezumas Organic Milk Chocolate (£2.39) which is always nice when Birchbox includes a little choccy treat, especially when its nice milk chocolate like this!

So as you can see there are some nice pampering items included within the box for November. You're more than claiming your money back on this box with the £18 full size toner water and the almost there £11.95 nail varnish. I'm very happy to have got such a nice selection in the box and would highly recommend this months package.

If you would like to try this out for yourself, head on over to birchbox and for £10 (plus P+P) you can get your hands on this.

Emma x

0 comments:

Post a Comment