Saturday 12 July 2014

Birchbox July '14


Its that time of month again, its beauty box time! As usual, Birchbox has graced my doorstep first, its not exactly a fantastic box this month but I guess you can't always win with these boxes. The theme this month, 'Sun, Sea and Sand', and I personally don't feel like it translates within the products they've sent us this month!


The first thing to be pulled out the bag this month is this 'Balance Me' Wonder eye cream (£20). I like eye creams so I am excited I have a new one to put to the test, however I have recieved Balance Me things before and they smell nice, however I don't really feel like they have any kind of impact so we shall see with this one.


This Ultradex Oral Spray (£3.65) was this months 'lifestyle extra' and I can see it rapidly becoming a handbag favourite as I am constantly paranoid that I have bad breath syndrome - I carry mints around all the time. However I don't particularly like the idea so its another one whereby I am on the fence.


Next up is the 'Weleda' Millet Nourishing Shampoo (£8.95) - Finally! Something I actually might enjoy using. Its a shame however, that there's no conditioner to work alongside this but as a brand, Weleda is really awesome, I love their moisturisers and their oaty shampoo.


Here we have a sample of 'Gilchrist and Soames English Spa Sea Kelp Extract (£11.25). This is something to put in your everyday bath and make a little bit more luxurious. I like the smell of this and I do like to have a nice bubbley herbal smelling bath so this will be definately be hitting up my bath tub in the next week.


Fourthly, we have 'Whish - Three Whishes Lavender Body Butter' (£14.50) I like the smell of lavender so its no surprise I like the scent of this however I feel like paying almost £15 for what is essentially a body cream is a bit steep, even by my standards.


Last up, we have my favourite out of the bunch - Laqa & Co 'Lip Lube' in Menatour. This looks scary in the tube but actually its super sheer and gorgeous on the lips. Don't know if I'm a little jealous of those who recieved the coral colour as it looks beaut. Birchbox have been providing some pretty stellar lip products recently - very impressed.

As you can see, nothing other than the kelp mineral bath actually had anything to do with the months theme and there are a nice selection of items but nothing wows me right now.

If you like the look of this box, you can purchase one right here.

Emma x

0 comments:

Post a Comment