Friday 18 July 2014

Glossybox July - Stars & Stripes Edition


Apologies for this super late post, I realise you may have read a couple of Glossybox unboxings in the past week. Anyway, I feel like Glossybox have come back on form this month, its a scorcher of a box (especially seeing as I got this on my glossydots, so really this has cost me nothing!). I especially am loving the box design, its sooo awesome.


First up, we got a pot of Carmex! (£2.69) I like Carmex, I think its the best value lip balm, I love the tingling it gives your lips when you apply it. I really love Cherry Carmex but hey beggars can't be choosers! ;) Delighted to see this in my box this month.


Next up, we have ABSOLUTE New York Perfecting Eye Shadow Primer ($4.99). I have trialed this and obviously at a budget price it doesn't hold amazingly as the Urban Decay Primer Potions - however I didn't experience any creasing when I used this but I had a little fall out when using this with more pigmented shadows.


Up next, we have Dr Bronners Magic Liquid Soaps Baby Mild Liquid soap (£5.99) I love the smell of this, its a mixture of citrussy lemons and green tea, uber refreshing. I have a feeling this maybe the infamous great brush cleansing soap (I'm not entirely sure). I have yet to use it but am excited to try it.


I also recieved a Bellapierre Cosmetics Mineral Lipstick (£20) in the shade Catwalk. This pays for the box entirely if you really love a nice lipstick. I'm crazy over this right now, currently wearing this during the days as its a really pretty pink nude. The formula is just so creamy, not particularly long wearing but so so nice. 


The last item in this months box is a Color Club nail polish in the colour 'Glossy Seal' ($8). I don't think I have ever possessed a full size Colour Club polish - its huge! I believe the guys at Color Club made this shade especially for Glossybox, its a pretty teal colour and the varnishes from this brand are usually top quality.


August marks a year of Glossybox Subscriptions for me, so in this months box I recieved a little annual bonus - a miniature Green and Blacks Dark 70% Chocolate Bar. What a cute idea, its been a year of ups and downs the first six months (besides Octobers let down box) were really great - I think my favourite box was the February Valentines edition box as I think I really got my moneys worth out of it.

If like me, you were impressed by this months American theme, you can buy one from here for £10 (plus P&P)

Emma x

0 comments:

Post a Comment