Thursday 9 October 2014

Beautyblender Original Sponge


I can't lie to you, when I first saw this gem in last months Birchbox - I was over the moon. The price and amount of hype this recieves can only make you curious if it really is THAT good, bloggers and youtubers are FOREVER saying how awesome a beautyblender is. After a good amount of use, just under a month of using this nearly every other day I cannot confirm that is truly is better than my Real Techniques buffing brush. The idea is that you run a tap, pop the egg shaped beauty under, it then grows to provide a larger surface and is supposedly more hygenic. I honestly have to say I don't actually feel like I'm applying anything on my face when I use it, the dampness that wetting it brings just makes me feel all I'm doing is wiping everything off of my face. I do prefer the more angled edge to apply my concealer, but I really don't enjoy using this on foundation. Also, I feel like you have to use a less liquidy foundation as all of it will just get absorbed into the sponge itself. I can't say it makes a tonne of difference to how my base looks if honest, and for the price tag of £26 (!!!) I really don't believe its worth.

I hear the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (pretty much a cheap end dupe right there) is actually better and provides a nicer, smoother coverage but I have yet to purchase that after being let down so badly by this. It definately will not be giving my RT buffing brush a run for its money anytime soon!

You can always buy a beautyblender here for £26, if you would like to it try for yourself.

Emma x

0 comments:

Post a Comment