Sunday 5 October 2014

September Favourites


Judging from this picture, I feel like September has been a red kinda month. I mainly have make up favourites this month as I haven't actually switched up any of my skincare regime! Lets start.

I have just not stopped reaching for Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette (£37) this month, its my all time favourite eye shadow palette I own currently. Shade stand outs are Pistol and Verve - have been using these beautys all month long and will probably continue!

Two lip favourites this month, first up being Soap and Glory Super Colour Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss in Yummy Plum (£10), this is a lovely autumnal shade that is more red than the plum it claims to be but is still super flattering. This line of lip products may not be for all if you aren't in to the whole tingly sensation you get but I personally don't see a difference in the way my lips look. I generally enjoy this when placed on top of a similar colour lip base.

Talking of similar base colours, we have Revlon Colorburst Lip Lacquer Balm in Enticing (£7.99). This is my favourite of the lacquer balm variety from Revlon. These guys seem to make the best drugstore lip products in my books, this doesn't last as well as the matte ones but thats not surprising anyone. Its just a lovely glossy mid tone red, really flattering on paler blue toned girls like myself.

Something else I have been enjoying this month is Essie Nail Varnish in Snap Happy (£10.95). This is currently what my toe nails are painted with. I know its a wee bit too early to be thinking of Christmas but its on my toes so nobody can notice this cheery festive red, but I am getting excited anyway! Essies varnishes are always of a high standard even though they are not my favourite of the higher end bunch.

Last but not least we have Marc Jacobs Dot Fragrance (£38 for 30ml), we all know I am a fan of the Marc Jacobs range but his other fragrances I own are spring/summertime for me. This smells appley to me and that just sings of Autumn to me so I have been wearing this with pride. It reminds me of the days where I used to wear DKNY's be delicious, but its not as apple strong. This actually doesn't contain any apple but I think its the underlying note of Dragonfruit that makes it seem a warmer scent with a citrussy fruity twist.

So there were my belated September favourites, what have your favourites been this month?

Emma x


0 comments:

Post a Comment