Wednesday 6 August 2014

L'Oreal Wild Ombre in Number 104 'Intense Ombre'



So I picked this up in Boots recently, and thought I'd be super late to the Ombre Party. I have quite dark hair at the moment so I chose this intense ombre for dark to medium brown hair. I had this previous tuesday off so I thought I would give it a whirl while I had the time!


In the box you get the ever present developer liquid, developer cream and classic black L'oreal gloves. As added extras you obviously get the bleaching powder, a little brush to brush the mixture through your ends and some conditioner. The brush feels like something you'd get along side a barbie doll, I wasn't sure how well this was going to work.

/

Here I donned an old merch T-Shirt. I parter my hair straight down the middle and gave my hair a quick brush through to make sure there were no tangles. I then made the dye mixture by adding the powder, and then putting the developer cream in the bottle too. Then you give it a good, vigorous mix/shake.


 Then I brushed the dye mix through the lengths and ends of my hair, starting from the back. I tried to pop more of the dye on the very ends of my hair to see if that would aid it turning more 'blonde' (aka ginger).


I then wrapped the ends of my hair in kitchen foil to make the dye stay in place. After this I waited for half an hour, then brushed in more dye on to the ends and waited another 25 mins - ten more minutes than stated in the booklet - oops! ;) Then I washed it out using the provided conditioner, then I washed with proper shampoo and then deep conditioned it using Aussie's 3 minute miracle reconstructor to make sure it was in okay condition.


And this is the finished result! Overall, I'm pretty impressed, however it is very orangey/brassy toned so I have already been online to order some purple shampoo. Hopefully this will leave my hair a lot less orange! The ends of my hair are not feeling like they're going to snap off (which is a surprise) and don't feel rough! I'm still not too sure if I am loving the ombre on me personally but maybe it is just a case of getting used to it!

You can find this kit at Feelunique for £8.29.

Are you still loving the ombre?

Emma x

0 comments:

Post a Comment