Wednesday 13 August 2014

Birchbox August '14


So August is here, and with it brings a new Birchbox. This months theme is 'Away We Go' suggesting a summer holiday/get away theme. Unusually, this months goods come in this sweet little clear bag rather than the drawstring bag - not sure how I feel about this as this just feels cheap compared to what we normally get. Anyway, lets look at this months contents.


First item out of the bag is Number 4 Super Comb Prep + Protect (£20 full size). On the whole I'm not a fan when these boxes use the same brands over and over, I didn't like the No4 hairspray they sent out in the box a while back so why do I want this. Anyway, back off the tangent I'm not sure I'll like this one as much as my affordable Aussie alternative.


The only item I am loving here this month is the Wild About Beauty Creme Eyeshadow in Matilda (£13). This is a nice shiny satin mid brown colour, it has a really creamy texture, not far off the Maybelline Colour tattoos. This is also a super wearable colour so will be carted around in my makeup bag for the next couple of weeks.


Thirdly, we have Nude Progenius Omega Treatment Oil (£58). Not hot on this either due to the price tag and the fact that this is a oil/serum kind of product. Not huge on putting oils on to my face as my skin seems to react by drying out even more so yeah, another bum product.


Another product we recieve this month is Supergoop! Daily Correct SPF35 CC Cream (£32). First off - can we just state how tiny these babies are, they are TINY. Anyway, with any tinter moisturiser I seem to recieve in beauty boxes, they are always too dark for me so I will be giving this a go on my legs. However, I do like that this has an SPF in, as this time of year its definately handy to have in a face product like this.


Lastly we have Vasanti Brightenup! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator (£26). Another product I don't hate this month, I am all about scrubs at the moment, whether they are for face or body. I was pleased to see this in amongst the others and it has a nice scrubby texture to it - planning on using it tomorrow morning to waken up my face.

There was also a chapter sampler of a book called 'The Proposal' by Tasmina Perry, but I buy these boxes for the beauty goodies rather than the lifestyle extras (even though some are better than others! ;)). I appreciate Birchbox are trying to move away from the generic subscription box but I really would rather have a better item included.

So as you can see, if you are mad rad about skincare, this may have been the box for you, however I prefer make up items, so for me, this wasn't a scorching box. This is a really dissappointing box compared to the last few, I wish they would just include a wider range of things than skin care items.

If you like the look of this box this month, you can purchase your own here for £10 + p&p!

Emma x

0 comments:

Post a Comment