Friday 16 May 2014

Glossybox May '14 - Superdrug Colaboration Limited Ed Box

This months Glossybox was a let down, to put it lightly. For the last few weeks they have had people buzzing over this mystery colab with some company (turned out to be Superdrug, is this a good or bad thing, I can't tell) and how we were getting four full size items.



As you guys can see, I don't think I had the best selection of products as most of my full size items were of Superdrug own brand. :(


This own brand hair donut was by far the most dissappointing thing in my box as I hate the ballerina bun trend (it really isn't my cup of tea!) and it feels really cheap and nasty. I can't understand why GB thought it was a good idea to include these at all.



Next up we have cheapo depo 2true Candy nail Caviar - this also is really not very me, I feel like my beauty profile has completely been lost by GB. It was also open and had started to leak in the bottom of my box. As pretty as it looks I really don't like this brand as their nail products don't seem to ever last.




My third 'full size' product is this 'Strawberrys & Milkshake' pink lipgloss - something that my twelve year old self would've loved, but as I'm 21, I don't think a lot of this. It just seems very cheap and completely just thrown in without a second thought.


Finally, a product I might actually use! This is the Rimmel Scandaleyes retro glam mascara (non-warerproof - boo!) The wand on this looks interesting and I've heard good things about this so I am excited to add it to my mascara junkie stash!


This Superdrug Solait Illuminating facial bronzing *fake tan cough cough* cream. This is definately something that will get lost in my stash as I can never see me actually using this. Yet again I don't feel like my 'beauty profile' on GB was actually read by the person making my box. The smell of this is horrid but the texture is nice.


This little extra is a Garnier body 'oil beauty' nourishing lotion - I actually prefer this wee sachet sample to the majority of the full size products. I really like Garnier skin care I think it really works and leaves you super moisturised.


The last thing I recieved in my box is this sweet little sample of 'Ghost Eclipse' - I really like the scent of this, its just really warm and sweet, right for summer.

So as you can see, it was a poor show from Glossybox this month and I am definately prefering my awesome Birchbox this month. I really prefered the sample sizes in this box and feel really underwhelmed seeing as this was supposed to be a special 'colaboration birthday' box. I do feel like I got the bad end this month as some people have some amazing items in their boxes (Maxfactor Primer wink wink) and I got all own brand items. Sorry to complain but I felt like something extra was really needed here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment