Wednesday 14 May 2014

Birchbox May '14

Its beauty box subscription time, and Birchbox has graced my porch first this month! This month the guys at Birchbox have teamed up with Harpers Bazaar to create a really beautiful box.



As you can see, the design this month is just gorgeous and the theme is 'The Great Outdoors'. The box comes with all the usual garb (a.k.a. product info card, pamphlets, etc.) The product selection this month is just fantastic as well, there is not one item included in this box that I don't think I'll use (Shock horror!).

As ever, it seems Birchbox just love sending little Benefit minitures as we have a baby 'They're Real' Mascara, not that I'm complaining as I do think this makes my lashes longer, however it can be a total cow to get off my eyes at the end of the day!


Loving the inclusion of Aromatherapy Associates this month as I cannot get enough of this brand. I've tried many of the bath oil scents and I've also tried out a body gel from this brand. This is the 'Revive Morning' scent and oh my jeez, its like hypnotic - it is that lush.


Next up is a little duo of the Beauty Protector shampoo and conditioner, which looks promising as I like their protector oil as it makes my locks glossy and soft. These guys shall be exciting to use.


This month we were also treated to a full size Soigne nail varnish which came in a really posh box. I recieved the shade 'Creme Au Beurre' which is this sort of ballerina baby pink shade (which isn't really me) but I am sold on the quality of this varnish as it is a nice consistency, not sure how well it holds up against chips yet but so far so good.


Lastly we have this beauty - a travel size Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, complete with muslin cloth! This is just so cute and I love this cleanser, I'm sure I'm not the only one either as it has just recieved its 100th award. Congrats guys.

So overall this months Birchbox is going to be a tough one to beat, Glossybox. I feel like the theme was really considered and thought out this month as opposed to the crappy Lulu Guiness box we recieved in March. I'd love to hear what others recieved and see if it was better/worse than this box, but in my eyes this was just such a good box - possibly the best one I have recieved since joining last August.

0 comments:

Post a Comment